If you’re like me, you don’t like getting into debt. Financial stress can be bad for your health, self-esteem, and overall happiness. If your frugal side wants you to start taking care of business and paying down your debts, this Android app is for you! Debt Tracker will help you keep up with your debts and payments, filling a progress bar as you pay them off!
Suppose that you don’t have any debt. Can this app still be useful to you? Absolutely! Maybe you’re the person that everyone owes the money to? Tracking who has paid you and who hasn’t has its own section.
Let’s say you’ve paid off your debts and you’re ready to start saving money for emergencies or fun things. Debt Tracker will also help you with your savings.
- Adding debts is simple. You will be able to store the name of the debt, the amount you owe, and the account number (optionally). All of this data will be stored in an encrypted database, so don’t worry it is safe!
- As payments are made towards the debt, a bar will fill to give you a visual idea of your progress. Late fees and interest charges can also be added as “penalties” that will increase the total amount that you owe. All of these payments and penalties can also store the dates and confirmation numbers related to them for easily keeping records.
- Savings work almost the same way, except that instead of payments and penalties, you make ‘deposits’ and ‘withdrawals.’
- The app is protected with a password that you will supply. After a while, you will be asked to re-enter your password (as an added security feature). All of the data is kept in a database that is encrypted.
- Users can select the currency that the app will use in the options activity.
- Icon Tagging – Users who purchase and install the Debt Tracker Pro Key will unlock the ability to tag their debts with various icons for added visual appeal.
- Dropbox Backup/Restore – Users who have the Pro Key and a Dropbox account will be able to backup and restore their data using the service. (Warning: As an added security measure: when you restore data from Dropbox to your device, your Debt Tracker MUST use the same password in order to decrypt the database properly.)
- Aha-Soft – Icons!
- Yusuke Kamiyamane – Icons!
- FatCow Hosting Icons – Icons!
- Martin @ CubeActive – ChangeLog Dialog library!
This is the app to install, and it is 100% free.
The pro key will unlock some extra features: Dropbox integration and custom icons. It will also help this small indie developer work on new apps! Thanks to everyone for their support!
3.3 - 1.13.2012
- Bug fix: Now multiple debts with the same amounts will add correctly.
- Bug fix: App no longer gives an ANR when resuming.
3.2 – 1.1.2012
- Color coded Amount Remaining based on how much is left.
- Fixed issues with upgrading from very old versions of the app.
3.1 – 12.31.2012
- Toned down the gradient in the background.
- Added a library for Error Reporting. This involves requesting the permission READ_LOGS, but will only be used the the preference for reading system logs is checked in the preferences.
- You can now specify your currency instead of choosing from a list, meaning all currencies are supported.
- Fixed the layout bug on the login screen with the login button text getting split into two lines!
- App now displays the total debt remaining and also the individual debt remaining for each debt.
3.0 – 12.21.2012
- Fresh new UI with tabs that swipe.
- New Feature: Track Debts owed to you!
- New Feature: Track Savings!
- Pro Feature: Tag debts with icons.
- Pro Feature: Dropbox backup/restore data.
- Removed ads.
- Progress bars now change color basd on progress made.
- Added ‘% paid’ back.
- New Launcher Icon.
- Feature: Now data is encrypted in database with a password that user supplies at login screen.
- Many bug fixes.
2.0 – 06.13.2012
- Completely new fantastic UI.
- Removed annoying splash screen.
- Changed app icon.
- Fixed bug where entering ‘.’ as the amount of a debt or payment crashes app.
- Added currency selection options. Stores currency settings permanently.
- Added ad-free pro version to the Play Store.
- Updated Action Bar Icons.
- App now displays total debt paid overall along with a progress bar.
- Optimized code and database to stop db leaks.
- Build groundwork for multiple new incoming features in the near future!
1.4.5 - 04.12.2012
- Now supports older Android phones
- Bug Fixes
- UI Improvements
1.0 – Initial Release